The Pesticide Control Program protects public health and the environment through regulation of pesticide use, sale, and distribution in Alaska.
*For complaints regarding pesticides, please see our How to Report a Pesticide Problem fact sheet or contact us at 800-478-2577 (in state).
Pesticide regulation changes were adopted and finalized on September 27, 2017 with an effective date of October 27, 2017.
Many uses of pesticides require the applicator to be certified and licensed with the State. For more information, please see our Certification and Training page.
- Certification and Training
- Study Materials
- Core Manual
- Search for Applicator
- Who Needs to Be A Certified Applicator? (PDF 429K)
Record Keeping Forms:
- Commercial Records - GUP (PDF 82K)
- Commercial Records - RUP (PDF 37K)
- Private Records - RUP (PDF 33K)
- RUP Purchase Records (PDF 32K)
Permits & IPM
At this time, there are no pesticides specifically approved by the EPA for use on marijuana crops. The following documents outline DEC's guidance on the issue:
- Pesticide Use on Marijuana Fact Sheet (PDF 247K)
- Criteria of Pesticide Use in the Production of Marijuana in Alaska (PDF 82K)
- 2017 Partial List of Pesticides that Meet Criteria to be Used on Marijuana Crops
Pesticide products must be registered with us to be sold in the State. This includes pesticides bought through the Internet. You can use the Search below to see if a product is currently registered.