If you are interested in Environmental Radiation, both man-made and natural in Alaska, you have come to the right place.
The Radiation Group is responsible for the Department's monitoring for releases of radionuclides. We also work with local governments to address impacts from previous radionuclide contamination in Alaska.
- Japanese Nuclear Reactor Radiation Information
- Alaska Radiation Studies
- Former Amchitka Underground Nuclear Test Site
- EPA RadNet data system
- Search for local data (Fairbanks, Anchorage, Juneau)
- Radiation Information and Health Effects Links
- Fukuishima radiation information from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution