Air Quality Regulations, SIP Updates, & Appendices
Air Quality Regulations and SIP Amendments Summary
ADEC has adopted air quality regulation amendments to update regulations to conform to federal requirements and adopt changes to the Woodseller Registration Program in the Fairbanks North Star Borough PM2.5 nonattainment area.
- PM2.5 Ambient Air Quality Standard - change the standard from 15.0 to 12.0 micrograms per cubic meter. EPA updated the annual PM2.5 National Ambient Air Quality Standard (NAAQS) in 2012
- Interstate Transport - show that Alaska's emissions of SO2, NOx, and PM2.5 are unlikely to cause problems in other states
- Clean Air Act Section 110 Certifications - demonstrate Alaska's ability to comply with National Ambient Air Quality Standards for PM2.5
- Regional Haze - adopt the 2015 Regional Haze Progress Report and update the Regional Haze Long Term Strategy to include the latest Alaska Enhanced Smoke Management Plan
- Transportation Conformity - make amendments to conform to federal requirements *
- Open Burning - add a reference to an existing regulation to prohibit open burning during PM2.5 air quality episodes
- Woodstoves - adopt EPA's new definition of "woodstove" *
- Wood Seller Registration Program - update the requirements of the mandatory program based on lessons learned in the voluntary Moisture Disclosure Program
*Referenced Materials can be found here.