Transportation Conformity - regional emissions analysis
All transportation plans, programs and projects located in nonattainment / maintenance areas that are funded or approved by Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) or Federal Transit Administration (FTA) must conform to the SIP, including:
- Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
- Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
- Transportation Control Measures (TCMs)
- Regionally Significant projects, and Non-exempt projects
Analysis requirements include:
- Latest planning assumption
- Latest emission model
- Interagency consultation
- Public comment
- Comparison of plan emissions with emissions budget
The emissions budget is the motor vehicle emissions inventory used to demonstrate attainment in the most recent SIP submission that has been approved by EPA.
A variety of transportation project exemptions are available; it is important to review them to determine if conformity is applicable.