NOTICE OF PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD ON PROPOSED CHANGES TO
The Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), proposes to adopt regulation changes in Title 18, Chapter 50 of the Alaska Administrative Code dealing with Air Quality Control, including the following:
· update adoption by reference dates of federal rules adopted in 18 AAC 50.035, 18 AAC 50.040, and 18 AAC 50.990.
· update adoption by reference of revised Standard Conditions for air permits in 18 AAC 50.346.
· add a new Standard Condition for air permits and associated form in 18 AAC 50.346.
· update the air quality nonattainment designations in 18 AAC 50.015.
· adopt clarifications to existing regulations to fix typos, to correct cross-references, and resolve internal regulation conflicts in 18 AAC 50.302, 18 AAC 50.311, 18 AAC 50.400, 18 AAC 50.403, 18 AAC 50.410, 18 AAC 50.502, 18 AAC 50.540, 18 AAC 50.542, 18 AAC 50.544, 18 AAC 50.508, and 18 AAC 50.990.
· make additional changes necessary to clarify the regulations in: 18 AAC 50.055, 18 AAC 50.215, 18 AAC 50.306, 18 AAC 50.502, 18 AAC 50.540, 18 AAC 50.542, and 18 AAC 50.544.
You may comment on the proposed regulation changes, including the potential costs to private persons of complying with the proposed changes, by submitting written comments to Rebecca Smith, Environmental Program Specialist, Air Permits Program, Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation, 410 Willoughby Avenue Suite 303, P.O. Box 111800, Juneau, AK 99811-1800, by facsimile at: (907) 465-5129, or by e-mail to the Air Quality Comments Docket at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments must be received by 5:00 p.m., on August 3, 2010. Comments received after this date will not be considered in final action on these rules.
Oral or written comments also may be submitted at a hearing to be held on July 29, 2010, at the DEC Building, First Floor Main Conference Room, 555 Cordova Street, Anchorage, Alaska. The hearing will be held from 10:00 – 11:30 am and might be extended to accommodate those present before 11:00 am who did not have an opportunity to comment. There will be a call-in number if you are not able to attend the meeting in person. The call-in number will be 1-800-315-6338, and the Meet Me Code will be 8123#.
If you are a person with a
disability who needs a special accommodation in order to participate in this
public process, please contact Deborah Pock at (907) 269-0291 or TDD Relay
Service 1-800-770-8973/TTY or dial 711 no later than 20 days after publication
of this notice to ensure that any necessary accommodations can be
For a copy of the proposed regulation changes, contact Rebecca Smith, Air Permits Program, Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation, 410 Willoughby Ave., Suite 303, P.O. Box 111800, Juneau, AK 99811-1800; by phone at (907) 465-5121; by facsimile at (907) 465-5129; or go to http://dec.alaska.gov/air/ap/regulati.htm. The proposed regulations and a Department Explanation of the Proposed Changes document are available from the DEC Air Quality web site at http://dec.alaska.gov/air/ap/calendar.htm and at http://dec.alaska.gov/air/ap/regulati.htm
After the public comment period ends on August 3, 2010, DEC will either adopt these or other provisions dealing with the same subject, without further notice, or decide to take no action on them. The language of the final regulations may be different from that of the proposed regulations. YOU SHOULD COMMENT DURING THE TIME ALLOWED IF YOUR INTERESTS COULD BE AFFECTED. Written comments received are public records and are subject to public inspection.
Statutory Authority: AS 44.03.710, AS 46.14.010, AS 46.14.020, AS 46.14.030
Statutes Being Implemented, Interpreted, or Made Specific: AS 46.14
Fiscal Information: The proposed regulation changes are not expected to require an increased appropriation.
Dated: June 25, 2010 Larry Hartig, Commissioner