How Do I?
Below are questions that the Food Safety and Sanitation program receives on a regular basis. If you do not see your question below, please contact an Environmental Health Officer in your area.
- Deal With a Mold Problem in My House?
- Figure Out if I Have Food in My Home that is Involved in a Recall?
- Find Food Safety Information for a School Project?
- Handle an Environmental Problem (mold, odor, sanitation) in My Rented Home?
- Keep My Food Safe in an Emergency?
- Know Where to Safely Dig for Clams?
- Learn About Expiration Dates?
- Learn About Food Allergies?
- Learn to Preserve My Own Foods?
- Look at an Inspection Report?
- Make a Complaint?
- Report a Foodborne Illness?
- Collect Shellfish Growing Water Samples?
- Collect Water Samples?
- Create a Seafood HACCP Plan?
- Find an Approved Processor?
- Find Out About Fishery Openings?
- Find Out About Fishery Taxes?
- Find Someone in Alaska to Provide Technical Assistance?
- Get HACCP or Sanitation Training?
- Know Whether a Chemical is Safe to Use in My Plant?
- Print My Own Stickers or Signage?
- Get a License for a Body Art Shop?
- Get Certified Pool Operator Training?
- Get Required Body Art Signage?
- Handle a Bedbug Infestation?
- Handle a Pool Contamination Incident?
- Create a Food Label?
- Create a Food Safety Plan?
- Deal with a Norovirus Incident?
- Dispose of Cooking Oil and Fat?
- Find Out About Better Processing School?
- Find Out if My Seafood or Shellfish is from an Approved Source?
- Get Certified Food Protection Manager Training?
- Get Ready for an Inspection?
- Get Mandatory Alcohol Server Training?
- Open a New Restaurant?
- Operate Safely During an Emergency?
- Print My Own Stickers or Posters?
- Protect Against Product Tampering?
- Set Up a Temporary Handwash Station?
- Train My Own Employees in Food Safety?