Pesticide Control Program
The Pesticide Control Program protects public health and the environment through regulation of pesticide use, sale, and distribution in Alaska. For complaints regarding pesticides, please see our How to Report a Pesticide Problem fact sheet or contact us at 800-478-2577 (in state).
- Regulating Pesticide Use in Alaska (PDF 1.3M)
- Choosing an Insecticide for Bed Bugs (PDF)
- How to Use Homeowner Pesticides Safely
- Who Needs to Be A Certified Applicator?
Permits & IPM
Many uses of pesticides require the applicator to be certified and licensed with the State. For more information, please see our Certification and Training page.
- Certification and Training
- Study Materials
- National Core Manual (PDF 31M)
- Search for Applicator
- On the Cidelines Newsletters
Record Keeping Forms:
Pesticide products must be registered with us to be sold in the State. This includes pesticides bought through the Internet. You can use the Search below to see if a product is currently registered.
At this time, there are no pesticides specifically approved by the EPA for use on marijuana crops. The following documents outline DEC's guidance on the issue: