The Pesticide Control Program protects public health and the environment through regulation of pesticide use, sale, and distribution in Alaska.
*For complaints regarding pesticides, please see our How to Report a Pesticide Problem fact sheet or contact us at 800-478-2577 (in state).
Many uses of pesticides require the applicator to be certified and licensed with the State. For more information, please see our Certification and Training page.
- Certification and Training
- Study Materials
- Core Manual
- Search for Applicator
- Who Needs to Be A Certified Applicator? (PDF 429K)
Permits & IPM
At this time, there are no pesticides specifically approved by the EPA for use on marijuana crops. The following documents outline DEC's guidance on the issue:
- Pesticide Use on Marijuana Fact Sheet (PDF 247K)
- Criteria of Pesticide Use in the Production of Marijuana in Alaska (PDF 82K)
- 2017 Partial List of Pesticides that Meet Criteria to be Used on Marijuana Crops