The Pesticide Control Program protects public health and the environment through regulation of pesticide use, sale, and distribution in Alaska.
*For complaints regarding pesticides, please see our How to Report a Pesticide Problem fact sheet or contact us at 800-478-2577 (in state).
Many uses of pesticides require the applicator to be certified and licensed with the State. For more information, please see our Certification and Training page.
Permits & IPM
At this time, there are no pesticides specifically approved by the EPA for use on marijuana crops. The following documents outline DEC's guidance on the issue:
- Pesticide Use on Marijuana Fact Sheet
- Criteria of Pesticide Use in the Production of Marijuana in Alaska
- Partial List of Pesticides that Meet Criteria to be Used on Marijuana Crops
- 2016 Spring Newsletter
- Regulating Pesticide Use in Alaska
- Choosing an Insecticide for Bed Bugs
- How to Use Homeowner Pesticides Safely
- Who Needs to Be A Certified Applicator?