The Pesticide Control Program protects public health and the environment through regulation of pesticide use, sale, and distribution in Alaska.
*For complaints regarding pesticides, please see our How to Report a Pesticide Problem fact sheet or contact us at 800-478-2577 (in state).
Many uses of pesticides require the applicator to be certified and licensed with the State. For more information, please see our Certification and Training page.
Permits & IPM
At this time, there are no pesticides specifically approved by the EPA for use on marijuana crops. The following documents outline DEC's guidance on the issue:
- Pesticide Use on Marijuana Fact Sheet
- Criteria of Pesticide Use in the Production of Marijuana in Alaska
- Partial List of Pesticides that Meet Criteria to be Used on Marijuana Crops
The Alaska Division of Agriculture has applied to DEC for an aquatic pesticide use permit to apply herbicide to Alexander Lake in the Matanuska Susitna Borough to control invasive elodea. See the Public Notice for more information.
- 2017 Spring Newsletter
- Regulating Pesticide Use in Alaska
- Choosing an Insecticide for Bed Bugs
- How to Use Homeowner Pesticides Safely
- Who Needs to Be A Certified Applicator?