Division of Spill Prevention and Response


Environmental Consultants

Hiring an Environmental Consultant

Regulations under 18 AAC 75 and 18 AAC 78 require that environmental work under these chapters be performed by qualified environmental professionals. However, certain kinds of sampling can be performed by a qualified sampler if a qualified environmental professional is not available. This includes soil, groundwater, or surface water sample collection related to soil stockpiles, bioremediation systems, or groundwater monitoring wells. If you are in need of a qualified environmental professional or sampler to conduct work related to a contaminated site, a home heating oil spill, a commercial regulated underground storage tank or another type of contaminated site, please see this fact sheet for tips on finding a good environmental consultant.