Apply for an Oil Discharge Prevention and Contingency Plan
Updated: Dec. 19, 2016
This page contains links to the forms needed to apply for an oil discharge prevention and contingency plan (plan) for tank vessels, railroads and nontank vessels. If you do not know if you need a plan, please see: 18 AAC 75.400 and Do I need a Contingency Plan?
Pipelines, Oil Wells, Production Facilities, Tank Vessels, Oil Barges, Oil Terminals, Refineries, Railroads & Gas Exploration Facilities Forms and Information
- Plan Application – Use this form to apply for a new plan, renew an existing plan or apply for a plan amendment.
- Application Package Electronic Submittal – This document provides guidance on when and how application package documents can be submitted to the department.
- Statement of Contractual Terms – This document is required when contracting with primary response action contractors (PRACs). A plan enlisting the help of a PRAC will not be approved without this contract.
- Plan Scenario Template (Word) – Template that may be used to create contingency plan scenarios.
- Technical Manual Guidance – This document explains how to effectively use technical manuals in your plan.
- Refer to 18 AAC 75.425 for plan content requirements.
- Spot Charter Amendment to an Existing Tank Vessel or Oil Barge Plan – A Spot Charter Amendment requires the plan application listed above and must include all the information listed in the Spot Charter Checklist. For more information on spot charter amendments refer to the FAQ page.
- Plan Review Guidance Document – Use this document for guidance drafting, renewing, or updating your plan.
Nontank Vessels Forms
Nontank Vessel Streamlined Plan (used by the majority of plan holders):
- NTV Streamlined Plan Approval Application and Plan Document –Use this form for all requests for plan approval. Types of plan approvals include: New plan, amendments, renewals, and reinstatement.
- NTV Streamlined Plan Notification of Voluntary Suspension or Termination –Use this form to notify the department of voluntary change to plan status to suspend or terminate a Streamlined plan.
- Refer to 18 AAC 75.426 for nontank vessel streamlined plan content requirements.
Prevention Preparedness and Response Program
|PPR Home||Contact PPR Staff|
|About PPR||Report a Spill|