T/V SeaBulk Pride Grounding
- The tanker grounded approximately 200 yards north of the Nikiski Kenai Pipeline (KPL) dock.
- The T/V Seabulk Pride went aground at 5:25 AM on February 2, 2006.
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- Tesoro Alaska reported that approximately 75 gallons of petroleum product was spilled to water. An additional 125 gallons of product was spilled and contained on the vessel. The vessel was transferring both gasoline and Vacuum Tower Bottom Blend (VTBB) at the same time so the exact volume of each product has not been determined. The T/V Seabulk Pride is a 600 ft, double-hulled and double-bottomed oil tanker utilized by Tesoro Alaska Company to transport oil. At the time of the grounding, the tanker was carrying 3,987,942 gallons (94,951 barrels) of VTBB. VTBB is a residual oil product that is not processed at the Tesoro Refinery in Nikiski. VTBB has a thick consistency, similar to asphalt.
- The tanker was moored at the KPL dock transferring cargo and was struck by an ice flow. The mooring lines parted causing the vessel to drift northward and go aground approximately 200 yards north of the KPL dock.
ADEC Situation Reports
Vessel Drawings, showing tank locations
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Vacuum Gas Oil (VGO)