F/V Alaska Ranger
- Southern Bering Sea, 60 nm NW of Umnak Island, 120 nm W of Dutch Harbor and 38 nm N of the coast of Islands of Four Mountains at Latitude 53° 53’N, Longitude 169° 59’W
- The U.S. Coast Guard (USGC) notified ADEC at 4:41 AM on March 23, 2008, that the F/V Alaska Ranger had lost control of its rudder and was sinking. The F/V Alaska Ranger is a 190 foot catcher-processor vessel which was transiting to the fishing grounds in the Bering Sea.
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- An unknown amount of diesel fuel spilled. USCG reported that there was as much as 140,000 gallons of diesel fuel on board.
- Vessel sank in 1,053 fathoms (6,318 feet) after losing rudder and taking on water.
ADEC Situation Reports
- 03/23/2008 (Final) (PDF 32K)