Big State Logistics Glenn Hwy Rollover
- Near milepost 78 of the Glenn Highway, at the intersection with Chickaloon Road, about 17 miles east of Sutton and 73 miles northeast of Anchorage.
- The Alaska State Troopers notified ADEC at 4:14 PM on Thursday, October 7, 2010, that a tanker truck had rolled on the Glenn Highway.
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- Number 1 ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel. Based on the volume of fuel removed from the overturned tanker, ADEC estimates that 2,464 gallons were spilled.
- A semi-tractor-trailer operated by Big State Logistics overturned while traveling east on the Glenn Highway and came to rest on its side against the guardrail. The cause of the rollover is under investigation. Fuel from the damaged tank trailer, which contained 8,800 gallons, spilled onto the highway shoulder and down the adjacent slope toward the confluence of the Chickaloon and Matanuska Rivers. Initial reports were that fuel had entered the Matanuska River, but at this time no fuel has been observed in the water and ADEC does not consider the spill an imminent threat to the river.
ADEC Situation Reports
- 10/08/2010 (Final) (PDF 322K)