F/V Aleutian Lady Spill
- F/V Aleutian Lady was moored at the Offshore Systems, Inc. (OSI) North Pot Dock on Unalaska Island in Captains Bay. The island is located near the eastern end of the Aleutian Chain, approximately 800 air miles southwest of Anchorage, Alaska.
- 11:20 AM on February 15, 2011
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- The spill occurred aboard the F/V Aleutian Lady, a 155-foot steel-hulled fishing vessel. The vessel's operator estimates that 800 gallons of diesel fuel were discharged to Captains Bay.
- During a transfer of 1,500 gallons of diesel fuel from a port-side tank to a starboard-side tank, fuel overflowed from a vent on the receiving tank. Based on measurements of fuel remaining in the tanks, the vessel's operator estimates that 1,100 gallons of diesel escaped through the vent. An estimated 300 gallons of the overflow was retained in containment aboard the vessel, but the remainder flowed overboard. The cause of the spill is being investigated by the US Coast Guard (USCG).
ADEC Situation Reports
- 02/16/2011 (Final) (PDF 121K)