Silver Bay Seafoods Anhydrous Ammonia
- The Silver Bay Seafoods processing plant is located on Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska.
- The release occurred at 8:02 PM on July 21, 2011. The incident was reported to ADEC by Silver Bay Seafoods at 9:28 PM.
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- Silver Bay Seafoods estimates that approximately 100 pounds of anhydrous ammonia was released. Silver Bay Seafoods will continue to investigate the release to better determine the volume discharged.
- The cause of the release is still under investigation. Initial reports from Silver Bay Seafoods indicate that a pressure relief valve may have malfunctioned causing the release.
ADEC Situation Reports
- 07/22/2011 (Updated) (PDF 360K)