Unified Command: Alaska Petroleum Mile 48 Richardson Hwy
- Mile 48 Richardson Highway
- The vehicle accident occurred approximately 6:30 p.m. on December 9, 2014. Alaska Petroleum Distributor reported the incident to ADEC at 2:30 a.m. on December 10.
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- Alaska Petroleum Distributors estimated approximately 4,400 gallons of low sulfur diesel fuel were released.
- Winter driving conditions caused the vehicle to veer far to the right, causing the second tanker trailer to rollover into the ditch.
ADEC Situation Reports
Unified Command Press Releases
- 01/07/2015 — EPA, ADEC continue diesel spill cleanup in creek after company fails to complete contamination removal
Unified Command and Personnel
- FOSC - Bob Whittier, EPA
- SOSC - Steve Russell, ADEC
Response Plans and Related Documents
- Alaska Federal and State Preparedness Plan for Response to Oil and Hazardous Substance Discharges and Releases