Unified Command: Wales Kingkinkgin Rd. Leaking AST
- Out-of-service aboveground storage tank (AST) along the Kingkinkgin Road in Wales, Alaska (Lat/Log: 65.608368, -168.091068).
- A Bering Strait Village Corporation (BSVC) employee discovered released product outside of the tank on June 4, 2015. BSVC reported the spill to ADEC at 12:15 p.m. on the same day.
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- The spilled product is #2 diesel fuel from a 22,000-gallon capacity AST. Amount of product released to date is unknown; however, when the tank was gauged on June 4 and 5, it showed approximately 250 gallons of diesel fuel still remained in the tank.
- Hole created from the corrosion on the single wall AST.
ADEC Situation Reports
Unified Command and Personnel
- SOSC: Tom DeRuyter, ADEC
- FOSC: Capt. Paul Mehler, U.S. Coast Guard
- Field SOSC: Jessica Starsman, ADEC