Container Ship Laura Maersk Adrift
- North of Akutan Island on the Aleutian chain.
- Approximately 5:00 PM July 14, 2017
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- There has been no release. The total volume and type of fuel onboard the vessel is estimated at approximately 51,000 gallons of fuel oil and other oil products. The ship is also carrying an unknown number of shipping containers with an unknown cargo.
- Initial reports indicated that a fire in the engine room caused the ship to lose power. Reportedly there was no fire and the cause of the loss of power is not known. There are a reported 24 crew onboard with no injuries.
ADEC Situation Reports
- Geoff Merrell, SOSC, ADEC