MMG Online Questionnaire Process
SFY2015 Municipal Matching Grants Online Questionnaire Solicitation is from June 17th - August 5th
The FY15 Municipal Matching Grant Questionnaire must be submitted using the new online application system. You will also need to attach supporting documents* online.
* Supporting documents may also be submitted by email or regular mail to DEC.
- Please submit a questionnaire for each project you want considered for funding. Each project should be distinct in scope. If you are unsure about whether elements of a proposed project are eligible or suitable, please contact the project engineer for your community (see below).
- Large projects should be phased for purposes of funding availability and be limited to around $3,000,000. In order for us to consider larger projects, suitable detailed analysis and cost estimates will need to be provided.
- A project with ongoing phases or that has multiple state and federal funding sources, will need to clearly define the proposed project or phase within the context of the overall scope and funding elements to allow accurate comparison and scoring with the ADEC Municipal Matching Grants scoring criteria.
- For planning and design related projects, the grant amount should be justified with an appropriate analysis and cost estimate. For larger planning and design projects over $150,000, additional detail will be required.
- The Department encourages using the Alaska Clean Water Fund (ACWF) and Alaska Drinking Water Fund (ADWF) as a matching source of funds for grant requests. Both programs offer low financing costs when compared to other sources of financing such as bonding. Current long term rates are 1.5% for the ACWF and 1.5% for the ADWF, with a maximum 20 year repayment period.
- The following guidance will be applied to all SFY 2015 project questionnaires. If any projects are equal in scoring, the following sequence will be used to differentiate between them for ranking order:
- If a project states an earlier construction date, as a result of a compliance agreement or other legal order from a federal or state agency, that project will be placed ahead of the others.
- The individual scores from each criteria category starting with Project Need will be compared until a difference is found. The project with the highest score in the individual category will be placed first.
- If the projects are from the same city, the city may request that one be placed ahead of the other.
- A project with an earlier date for submitting a completed questionnaire will be moved up in ranking.
The procedure for the FY15 questionnaire submission process is available in a "Step by Step" document available below.
If you encounter difficulties accessing or completing the on-line questionnaire, please contact John Randolph at email@example.com or by calling: (907) 465-5307.