More About Operator Training & Certification
The Operator Training and Certification Program develops training programs, administers examinations and certifies operators of community water and wastewater systems. Our primary services are:
- Develop training curricula, correspondence courses, certification standards, and examination materials for over 2,500 certified drinking water and wastewater system operators.
- Coordinate and notify operators of training opportunities.
- Work with the Alaska Water and Wastewater Advisory Board to establish standards for certifying operators and to adjudicate certification actions.
- Maintain a lending library of reference and training materials.
- Administer Semi-Annual Statewide Certification Exams.
Phone Number: (907) 465-1139
Fax Number: (907) 465-5177