Small, Untreated or Small, Treated Water System Certification Exam
- The exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Examinees have 2 hours to complete the exam.
- Exam formula sheets are included with the exam. A copy of the formula sheet is available for your review. PDF
- Exams are graded by the Operator Training and Certification Program.
- Note: All the exam preparatory materials below refer to Class A and Class B water systems. Due to a change in the Drinking Water regulations 18 AAC 80, Class A water systems are now Community Water Systems (CWS) and Non-Transient Non-Community Water Systems (NTNCWS) and Class B water systems are Transient Non-Communtiy Water Systems (TNCWS). The CWS, NTNCWS, and TNCWS nomenclatures are used on the small water system certification exams.
Preparing for the Small Untreated or Small Treated Water System Certification Exam:
- Review the online Small, Untreated Water System or Small, Treated Water System online training course or the respective manuals.
- Small, Untreated Water System: Click here for: Well Owner's Guide for Small Untreated Public Water Systems in Alaska
- Small, Treated Water System: Click here for: Operator's Guide for Small Treated Public Water Systems in Alaska
- You may contact us for a hard copy of the manual.
- Review the Small, Untreated Water System or Small, Treated Water System study modules. The modules are downloaded as zip files; therefore, you will need to unzip or uncompress the files prior to installing the software on your computer. Once unzipped, click on the executable file to install on your computer.
- Review the exam description for the exam you wish to take by following this link: PDF
- Study as you normally would for an exam.
For more information, please contact:
Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation
Operator Training and Certification Program
410 Willoughby Ave., Suite 303
P.O. Box 111800
Juneau, AK 99811-1800
Phone Number: (907) 465-1139
Fax Number: (907) 465-5177
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org