2019 Certified Installer Course Registration
Registration and Course Information
- 2019 Course registration for the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Certified Installer Course. Please fill in the below requested information at least five days prior to course date
- The Certified Installer course provides training regarding conventional onsite systems as defined in 18 AAC 72.035. Certified Installers, homeowners, engineers, etc. may all attend the initial course
- The refresher course is for current Certified Installers or installers who have been certified or taken and passed the course within the last three years
- Registration is mandatory five business days prior to class start and to ensure a spot in the classroom. Class size is limited to 25, except for the Anchorage/Mat-Su refresher class, which is limited to 18. An additional Anchorage/Mat-Su class will be scheduled if demand warrants
- Students are required to review the Onsite Wastewater System Installation Manual with Interim Guidance (PDF 7.47M) prior to class. Manuals are also available by pickup from any area DEC office
- Those who intend to become Certified Installers must be a licensed general or specialty contractor as described in 18 AAC 72.405(a)(2) or provide proof of employment under a licensed contractor per 18 AAC 72.415(b)
- Homeowners taking the course are limited to the initial course only. Homeowner training is valid for one installation serving that individual's owner-occupied private residence within a one-year period, beginning on the date the homeowner attends the training course. The fee is listed below under "Approved Homeowner"
- $100 per Certified Installer or Other Attendee
- $275 per Approved Homeowner
Important: Upon submittal of this form, please contact the Fairbanks office, 907-451-2105, to remit payment
Refund policy: The Department of Environmental Conservation will not process refunds for the course fee. However, you may contact the Department to change a participant name or to rescheduled attendance to a different class in the same year. Homeowners may complete the online training course if unable to attend a scheduled class; the training course fee is the same as the homeowner certification fee per 18 AAC 72.440(c).
Please remember upon form submittal to contact the Department's Fairbanks office at 907-451-2105 to remit payment. Course registration is incomplete until payment is received.
You may also print the form out and mail it with payment to 610 University Ave. Fairbanks, AK 99709, attention "ESPR".
Upon receipt of the completed registration form and payment, an email confirmation will be mailed to the listed contact confirming a spot in the class.