Engineering Support and Plan Review
On-site Disposal Systems
On-site disposal systems (OSDS), called septic systems, are widely used in Alaska. Proper installation and care of these on-site systems by home-owners and contractors is essential to maintaining the health of the system, public health and Alaska's environment. This program provides training for proper installation of conventional OSDS.
In areas with difficult site conditions, poor soil or high groundwater conditions that can't support a conventional system an alternative OSDS may be needed. In some instances a waiver may be required. These systems must be designed by an engineer and plans must be reviewed and approved by the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation prior to construction.
Conventional On-Site System
Real Estate Agents
News and Updates
- Current Certified Installer List
- How do I become certified?
- Certified Installer Class Schedule
- Certified Installer Class Registration Form
- Documentation of Construction form
- NEW** Onsite Wastewater System Installation Manual (OWSIM)
- OWSIM FAQ Handout
- Certified Installer Class continuing education certificate