2017-2019 SOC Monitoring Waiver - Online Application and Payment
Offline SOC Renewal Application Form
Your water system is eligible for the 2017-2019 SOC Monitoring Waiver Renewal if it:
- Received a 2014-2016 SOC Monitoring Waiver Renewal OR
- Received a 2014-2016 Initial SOC Monitoring Waiver
- Has no changes to the Waiver Review Area, caused by the increased water usage of more than 20% or the use of new SOCs.
Under AAC 80.1910 (a)(6)(C), the processing fee for SOC Monitoring Waiver Renewals meeting the above criteria is $99. The processing fee is per active non-emergency source. Non-emergency sources are classified as permanent, seasonal, or back-up. The total processing fee due for each water system depends on the number of active non-emergency sources the water system has. The online application will automatically determine the number of sources and the processing fees due. If you feel this information is incorrect, please contact the DEC staff assigned to your system.
All 2017-2019 SOC Monitoring Waiver Renewal Applications must be submitted to DEC by September 30, 2018. This deadline is to allow the Department time to review the application(s) before the end of the first quarter of 2019. Applications received after this deadline, may result in monitoring violations and/or sampling requirements.
Please note: The online application form is for renewals only. If you are applying for an SOC waiver for the first time, or if you have added a new source (well or intake) since the last SOC Waiver Renewal, you will need to submit the Initial SOC Monitoring Waiver Application (PDF).
What to know before you begin:
STEP 1: Sign up for a myAlaska account
- A myAlaska account is required to complete the online application. You may use the same myAlaska account used to apply for your annual Permanent Fund Dividend.
STEP 2: Apply for the SOC Monitoring Waiver Renewal by selecting the Apply Now button below
- In order to complete the online application, you must have either a credit card or a checking account available for EFT processing.
- The owner, operator or other responsible party for the water system must complete and certify the accuracy of the online application.
- Under 18 AAC 80.1900 (b) this monitoring waiver may be denied at any time if determined that false information was knowingly provided.
STEP 3: Print out your Confirmation
- After completing this SOC Monitoring Waiver Renewal application, please keep a copy of the confirmation page for your records.
- The renewal will be reviewed by Drinking Water Program staff.
- Once approved, the Drinking Water Program will send a confirmation letter to the responsible party.