Site Report: FAA Slana Station
We make every effort to ensure the data presented here is accurate based on the best available information currently on file with DEC. It is therefore subject to change as new information becomes available. We recommend contacting the assigned project staff prior to making decisions based on this information.
Soil staining was observed in several locations; the north and south sides of Building 403; an inactive 1,000 gallon regulated underground storage tank present on the west side of Building 403; the location of a former above ground storage tank to the west of the underground storage tank, with associated buried fuel pipes which had not been removed as of 1993; an area southeast of Building 403 corresponding to the location of a 55 gallon drum incinerator which was removed in 1993; and a fuel line utility chase with sides but no bottom (may meet EPA definition of an underground injection well) in the engine generator room in Building 403.
The inactive 1,000 gallon fuel underground storage tank that was removed in 1998. Elevation is 2192 feet. Gradient is 6.5 percent. Station consists of an inactive H-Marker. The site is 300 feet from Porcupine Creek. Groundwater is approximately 5 feet to 15 feet below ground surface. The nearest drinking water well is located within 0.25 miles of the station at the State campground across the Glenn Highway.
The station consists of one facility on a 7.8 acre parcel of land withdrawn for FAA use by BLM in 1954. The station was reportedly abandoned in the early to mid 1970s and reverted to BLM. The single building present in 1993 was Building 403, used for engine generators and electrical equipment for the H-Marker.
||For more information about this site, contact DEC at (907) 465-5390.
|No ICs Required
|Advance approval required to transport soil or groundwater off-site.
There are no documents for this site report.
No associated sites were found.