Air Monitoring & Quality Assurance Group Information
• Provide technical assistance to the public, local government agencies, tribal organizations, and industries and assist in developing their monitoring plans and projects
• Issue Air Quality Advisories to inform the public of unhealthy air quality conditions caused by smoke, dust, volcanic ashfall, carbon monoxide, etc.
• Conduct emergency air quality monitoring in response to volcanic ashfall, wildfires, etc.
• Develop and maintain air quality databases to improve assessment, mapping, and reporting of environmental conditions
• Provide quality assurance and quality control oversight for statewide air quality monitoring operations
• Review Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPP) submitted by industrial sources;
• Assist villages with local dust monitoring projects
• Oversee the Air Quality delegated programs of the Municipality of Anchorage and the Fairbanks North Star Borough
• Participate in the nationwide Mercury Deposition Network (MDN), with sites in Dutch Harbor, Kodiak, and, Nome (discontinued 9/30/2015)
Monitoring Instruments and Sites
- Particulate Matter Monitors
- Gaseous Pollutant Monitors
- Mercury Deposition Monitors (discontinued 9/30/2015)
- Radiation Monitors
- IMPROVE Network
Air Quality Data
• Near real‐time data from monitoring sites around the state is available online at DEC's Air Quality Index webpage. *Note: Data is preliminary and subject to change after quality assurance analysis
• DEC reports most air pollutant data to an online EPA database. The public can access this database through EPA's AirData website.
• DEC does not submit data from some short term monitoring projects to EPA. This data is available in reports online or by contacting AMQA staff.
• Submit data requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org