The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) identified Alaska-specific sources and types of air toxics. This information is summarized in our 1999 Alaska Air Toxics Emission Inventory.
The inventory helps Alaskans better understand air toxics, health impacts, and ways to reduce exposure.
DEC is also working to determine whether diesel exhaust contributes to respiratory problems in Bush Alaska.
Please click on the following links to learn more:
- Alaska Air Toxics Emission Inventory background
- 1999 Alaska Air Toxics Emission Inventory Report for Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau, dated June 2001
- Air Toxics health effects
- Class A Carcinogens
- Non-Cancer Effects
- Minimum Risk Levels
- Village Alaska air toxics information
- additional Air Toxics Information and Links