Skip to content
Alaska DEC Office Closure

DEC offices will be closed Friday, May 24 for a mandatory furlough day. Should you need assistance on this day, please call the mainline of the respective office location. Offices will reopen Tuesday, May 28.

Home Based Food Business

Alaska Food Code allows the sale of non-potentially hazardous foods sold directly to the consumer without a permit as long as certain conditions are met. Food that falls under this exemption is commonly referred to as a "Cottage Food." More information about selling these products can be found below.

If you do not find information you are looking for, please contact your local Environmental Health Officer. If you plan on selling your products within the Municipality of Anchorage, these exemptions may not apply.