The Food Safety and Sanitation Program provides regulatory oversight of the food served and pools/spas at public accommodations.
These facilities need to meet DEC requirements for drinking water and wastewater. If you are planning to serve food or have a pool or spa, contact your local Environmental Health Officer.
Please contact the Better Business Bureau if you have concerns regarding overnight accommodations, and/or the Municipality of Anchorage if your accommodation is/will be located within the Municipality of Anchorage.
- Alaska Smoking Law
- Smoking and vaping are not allowed in enclosed public places.
- Food Service
- Resources for businesses that serve food
- Pools and Spas
- Guidance and best practices for safely complying with state, local, national, and industry guidelines
Bed & Breakfasts
- Cottage Food Exemption Information
- Alaska Food Code allows the sale of non-potentially hazardous food sold directly to the consumer without a permit as long as certain conditions are met.
- Guide to Alaska Requirements for B&Bs
- 2013 document from the Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Exconmic Development detailing requirements for Bed & Breakfasts
- Hot Tubs in B&Bs
- The DEC regulates hot tubs to ensure safe design and operation
- Opening a New Food Establishment
- Resources to get started with opening a new food establishment
- Pool and Spa Requirements
- Alaska Regulation 18 AAC 30