Shellfish Harvest Required Records, HACCP, and Sanitation
Commercial harvest of shellfish requires the use of proper sanitation and following a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan.
Below find helpful information for commercial shellfish permits, HACCP plans and sanitation, and templates for HACCP records.
- DEC Dealer Education Program
- This downloadable booklet provides information regarding all aspects of dealing shellfish in Alaska.
- DEC Commercial Shellfish Permit Information
- Looking to grow, harvest, ship, or deal shellfish commercially? This is a great place to start. Find information on types of permits, requirements, fees, and more.
- DEC Shellstock Shipping Requirements Facts
- This information is specifically for Shellstock Shippers (SS), Shucker Packers (SP), and Reshipper (RS) dealers.
- DEC Blank Daily Receiving Record
- Track the products you have received, and help ensure that your product is safe, traceable, and meeting legal requirements.
- DEC Blank Daily Sanitation Report
- Track daily sanitation conditions in your facility, to make sure your product meets sanitary requirements.
- DEC Blank Daily Temperature Record
- Track temperatures of your product to make sure that it meets safety and legal requirements.
- DEC Blank Shellstock Harvest/Transportation Cooling Log
- Track shellfish temperatures during transportation, making sure your product is transported within safe and legal temperatures.
- DEC HACCP/SSOP Fact Sheet
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points / Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures are required for commercial shellfish permits, and helps identify and control food safety hazards.