Skip to content

Report a Pesticide Problem

How to File a Complaint or Report a Problem

For any pesticide incident, exposure, illness, or other pesticide-related problem, notify the DEC Pesticide Control Program as soon as possible by calling 800-478-2577. Reporting helps us identify problems and work to prevent them in the future.

DEC responds to all pesticide-related problems, and will investigate your complaint. Be sure to collect specific details; for example, where the incident occurred, the time of day, what you saw, and who was involved. You can remain anonymous if you wish.

DEC will contact the parties involved, gather information, and determine if a pesticide violation has occurred. Appropriate corrective or enforcement action will follow.

What if you think pesticide exposure made you ill?

DEC also investigates any pesticide-related illnesses. If you have symptoms you believe are related to pesticide exposure, first get medical care.

Call the poison control center toll-free at 800-222-1222 for free information on whether your symptoms may be related to pesticide exposure and advice on treatment. In an emergency, call 911.

Once you have received medical care, contact DEC to report the problem. Doctors in Alaska are required to report all pesticide-related illnesses. Medical documentation of an illness is very helpful in investigating a possible pesticide violation.

external link indicator Indicates an external site.