Solid Waste Bootcamp
Although the Bootcamp webinar is complete, the presentations from it are available below for your review.
This webinar training was a crash course into Solid Waste Management. The topics provided were: Solid Waste 101, Landfill Designs, Landfill Operation in a Nutshell, How to Close a Landfill, Special Waste Management (Construction and Demolition wastes, medical wastes, animal and human waste, and polluted soil), plus an overview of ordinances, fees, and infrastructure that has made solid waste management successful across rural Alaska.
Presentations and Videos
- Solid Waste 101: An Introduction to the Basics (PDF)
- Landfill Designs and Closure Plans (PDF)
- Environmental Education - School Outreach (PDF)
- Solid Waste Program Development (PDF)
- Landfill Operators and Administrators: How are They Different (PDF)
- Identifying and Handling Hazardous Substances (PDF)
- Visual Waste Index (PDF)
- Burning (PDF)
- Dealing with Construction and Demolition Waste (PDF)
- A Brief Guide to Accepting Polluted Soil in a Class III Landfill (PDF)
- Backhaul 101 (PDF)
- Little Things Matter (YouTube)