When do I register?
The Class 2 facility regulations 18 AAC 75.835 - 18 AAC 75.849 (PDF 723K) require a representative of a Class 2 facility to complete and submit a Class 2 Facility Registration and Notification Form within 30 days after:
Within 30 days after...
- A facility is placed in service
- An AST at a previously registered facility is placed in service
- An AST at a previously registered facility is permanently closed
- The facility is no longer a Class 2 facility
- The facility owner, operator or name of the owner or operator changes
How do I register?
The deadline for registration of existing facilities was September 22, 2017. We understand not every Class 2 facility may be aware of the new registration requirement. Please submit a registration form as soon as possible, and within 30 days of a change of owner, operator, or if an AST is added or removed.
- The registration form (PDF) requests contact information for all entities associated with facility ownership and operations, as well as tank contents and capacity. This form is also used by currently registered facilities to notify the department of a change of owner or operator, and when a tank is removed or added.
- A supplemental form, the Class 2 Facility Additional Aboveground Storage Tank Table (PDF), provides more space if facilities have more 1,000 gallon ASTs that can be listed on the registration and notification form.
- The Class 2 Facility Additional Owner and Operator Form (PDF 180K) provides more space if facilities have more than one landowner, facility and/or facility operator.
Please consult the Frequently Asked Questions page for further guidance, such as assistance on determining what facilities need to submit a Class 2 Facility Registration and Notification Form. See our contact information below to add your questions to the list and find answers.
For More Information
- Contact DEC:
- Amanda Compton