Class 2 Facility Resources
View or print an informational brochure (PDF 194K) on Class 2 facilities. Feel free to print and distribute this pamphlet. It contains contact information including a link to this webpage, suggestions for healthy facility operation, and specifics of this new designation of aboveground storage tank facilities.
Tools and Information
- Aboveground Storage Tank Operator Handbook (PDF 3.6M): 242 pages of educational material on facility operation and maintenance, safety, spill preparedness, response and reporting, and state and federal government requirements.
- Videos: 25 instructional videos on bulk fuel operation, including subjects such as fuel transfers, monthly inspections, clock gauges and regulations. Courtesy of Alaska Energy Authority.
- Videos: Spill Response Safety and Tactics
- Conex Map of Department spill response equipment containers
- Community Database Online: community-specific information on census counts, economy statistics, geography, local government, utilities and facilities, such as bulk fuel farms, courtesy of the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development.
- Denali Commission Project Database: view reports, photos and updates on projects funded by the Denali Commission, including bulk fuel farm upgrades, and solid waste and water treatment plant facilities.
- Bulk Fuel Upgrade Program: view status reports, past, present and planned, for bulk fuel facility upgrades and new tank farm projects coordinated by the Alaska Energy Authority.
- Printable daily and monthly facility inspection checklists (PDF 68K).
- List of STI Certified SP001 AST inspectors in Alaska, compiled from steeltank.com.
- Alaska Energy Authority is sending professional bulk fuel operation instructors to communities who have participated in ACTEC’s two-week bulk fuel operator course in Seward. View a list of communities eligible to receive this free training at their facilities. For more information contact:
- Karin St. Clair, Alaska Energy Authority Training Program Manager
For More Information
- Contact DEC:
- Amanda Compton