Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC-GP)
DEC has developed a storm water general permit specifically for the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. This permit replaces the Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP) for industrial facilities working on the airport property.
The ANC-GP was issued on September 25, 2019 as AKR061000 and will go into effect November 1, 2019. Existing MSGP permittees will have 120 days from November 1, 2019 (to February 28, 2020) to revise their Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and submit the revised SWPPP with a new Notice of Intent (NOI) application. The NOI and SWPPP can be submitted via email to DEC.Water.WQPermit@Alaska.gov.
(If your SWPPP is greater than 20MB, you can also use the Alaska ZendTo Service to email large attachments. Note: There is no opportunity for electronic submittal through the OASys/eNOI system presently.)
Permittees will continue to operate under the MSGP until they receive their notification to operate under the ANC-GP.
What Are Your Permit Responsibilities As a Facility Operator?
- 4512 – Air Transportation, Scheduled
- 4513 - Air Courier Services
- 4522 - Air Transportation, Nonscheduled
- 4581 - Airports, Flying Fields, and Airport Terminal Services
The following describes what a co-permittee has to do to obtain coverage under ANC-GP. (Note that this is only a partial list of your responsibilities and that you must consult the ANC-GP for details, see Permit Part 2.1.)
Existing operators transitioning from the MSGP to the ANC-GP
- By February 28, 2020 submit to DEC via email a signed Notice of Intent (NOI) and a copy of the SWPPP (digital format (PDF) preferred).
- For your convenience, and to expedite the revision of your SWPPP, a ANC-GP SWPPP template is provided.
- Existing MSGP permittees when transferring permit coverage to this permit do not need to pay two permit authorization fees in one calendar year. DEC will invoice the permittee annually in subsequent years.
- Determine if your facility or site may qualify for the "no exposure" exclusion under the federal regulations at 40 CFR 122.26(g).
- Develop a SWPPP. For your convenience a SWPPP template is provided. Development and implementation of an industrial storm water pollution prevention plan is the key condition of the ANC-GP.
- Submit to DEC via email a signed Notice of Intent (NOI) and a copy of the SWPPP (digital format (PDF) preferred)
- Pay the general permit authorization fee ($735) with the Department. Contact DEC - Division of Water at 907-269-6285 to arrange payment. This is a fee that has to be paid annually, which DEC will invoice the permittee annually in subsequent years.
- Keep a copy of the permit and all associated records on site during the entire permit period.