F/V Whale Grounding
- St. Paul Harbor near Kodiak, Alaska. Coordinates for the grounding site are 152° 25.8 West Longitude, 57° 46.56 North Latitude
- According to the U.S.C.G., the vessel ran aground at 8:45 PM on July 30, 2007. The incident was reported to the ADEC by the Coast Guard at 7:20 AM on July 31, 2007.
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- No spill occurred. There were 3,000 gallons of diesel fuel on board the vessel at the time of the grounding.
- This was a potential spill only. No spill occurred. The Master of the vessel was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the grounding and was charged by the Alaska State Troopers for boating while intoxicated.
ADEC Situation Reports
- 07/31/2007 (Final) (PDF 1.73 MB)