Unified Command: Hilcorp Alaska Baker Platform Fire
- Time/Date of Incident
- Spill Number
- No spill has occurred. A fire started in the above deck structures of the Baker Platform. Cause of fire is under investigation.
Unified Command Press Releases
- 10/03/2014 - Full Investigation Underway
- 10/02/2014 - Fire Contained
- 10/02/2014 - Unified Command Established
Weather and Tides
- Marine Forecast for Cook Inlet North of Kalgin Island (National Weather Service)
- Tides at Nikiski, AK (NOAA)
- Sunrise/Sunset Times for Nikiski, AK
Overflight footage of the natural gas drill platform Baker in Cook Inlet near Kenai, Alaska, filmed by a Coast Guard C-130 Hercules airplane crew from Air Station Kodiak, Oct. 3, 2014. Multiple Coast Guard assets, along with personnel from Hilcorp, Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation, Nikiski Fire Department, CISPRI and Offshore Marine Services responded to the fire on the platform which began Oct. 2. U.S. Coast Guard video.