Welcome to the Alaska Food Worker Card test site. Food Workers who work anywhere in the state, excluding the Municipality of Anchorage (MOA), who work with unpackaged foods, potentially hazardous food or food-contact surfaces are required within 30 days after the date of hire, hold a valid food worker card issued by the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). The MOA now has its own test and card. Please contact your local municipality or your employer for any other requirements that may be necessary in your area.

To begin, please purchase a Test ID. Once the Test ID is purchased and obtained you may now take the food worker card test. Please keep the Test ID in a safe place since you will need this login to begin the exam and print the food worker card if successfully passed.


On Jan 1, 2010, the Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) began issuing their own Food Worker Cards. If you need a card for employment in the MOA, you will need to take their test. For information about the MOA Food Worker Card test, please call 907-343-4200 or 907-646-4628.

Municipality of Anchorage Environmental Services

Obtaining a Food Worker Card is not an offer of work in Alaska. For information about employment in Alaska, contact the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development and your local embassy.