Conformity - Help
Conformity 101 Training Available On-Line
FHWA presents an on-line short course "What is Conformity?". This course is intended for transportation and air quality practitioners who are new to transportation conformity, those looking for a refresher, or others who only need a brief overview of the rule. The session is approximately 27 minutes long. Handouts are available for download at the same site.
A variety of conformity guidance documents are available online, including:
- Interim Guidance for Implementing the Transportation Conformity Provisions in the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy For Users (SAFETEA-LU)
- U.S. EPA Transportation Conformity
- U.S. EPA Transportation Conformity Policy Guidance
- U.S. DOT Transportation Conformity Requirements Inception to Date
- U.S. EPA General Conformity Regulations
State and Federal Regulations are listed below:
- State Conformity Regulations (PDF) (18 AAC 50.700 - 50.735)
- Federal Transportation Conformity
- Federal General Conformity
Glossary of Conformity Terms (PDF) from May 2006 training class.
If your project is located outside of a nonattainment area or maintenance area, the responsible project manager needs to assemble the information for the project detailed in the "Letter Confirming Project is Located Outside of a Nonattainment/Maintenance Area" (PDF) and submit it to the following email address: email@example.com. If you have questions, please email Adeyemi Alimi or phone: 907-269-6953.
- In some cases, projects may be located in areas about to be designated 'nonattainment' and for that reason, information on the start date of the project will be needed.
- In cases where the project is close to a nonattainment / maintenance boundary, additional information on the boundaries of the project will be needed.