drinking water program
Program Manager: James Weise
The Drinking Water Program requires public water systems to be in compliance with state and federal regulations, for drinking water, for the public health protection of the residents and visitors to the State of Alaska.
If you need to contact us, please dial (907) 269-7656 or 1-866-956-7656 (if you are calling outside of Anchorage).
If you would like information on Water Rights, please contact the Department of Natural Resources, DIvision of Mining, Land and Water. Click here to link to the web site.
- Drinking Water Protection
- Map of Drinking Water Protection Areas
- Sanitary Survey Program
- PWS Security
- Drinking Water Forms
- Drinking Water Publications
- Drinking Water Watch
- Certified Micro Laboratories
- Certified Chem Laboratories
- Electronic Data Reporting System (For DW laboratories, requires myAlaska account)
- Enforcement Targetting Tool (ETT)
- New Lead Standard for Drinking Water, January 4, 2014
- Program Overview
- Related DW Information Links
- Mission and Services
- Training Opportunities
- Revised Gravel/Rock Extraction BMP Manual
- Private Water Wells
PUBLIC NOTICE ERROR FOR DRINKING WATER REGULATIONS
On October 9, 2014, in the Legal Ads section, the Alaska Dispatch News published a Public Notice for proposed regulations changes to Drinking Water regulations (18 AAC 80). This was published in error. The Drinking Water Program will provide a different Public Notice, including a different public comment period, for these proposed regulations changes at a later date. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have questions, please contact Gloria Collins at 907-269-3075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.