In addition to the DEC Lab Data Submission Guides, refer to the DW Program developed process documents (shown below) for a general overview of how to upload an XML file, the data validation process, and identifying the most common reasons why samples are rejected from the State.
DEC Lab Data Submission Guides
- TC/EC samples and Distribution Chlorine Web Entry (PDF)
- TC/EC samples and Distribution Chlorine Excel Reporting (PDF)
- Chemical/Radiological samples Web Entry (PDF)
- Chemical/Radiological samples Excel Reporting (PDF)
- Disinfection By-Product samples Web Entry (PDF)
- Disinfection By-Product samples Excel Reporting (PDF)
- Shipping Blank Web Entry (PDF)
- Shipping Blank Excel Reporting (PDF)
- LT2 samples Web Entry (PDF)
- LT2 samples Excel Reporting (PDF)
- Fecal Coliform samples for filtration avoidance systems Web Entry (PDF)
- PFOS/PFOA samples Web Entry (PDF)
- PFOS/PFOA samples Excel Reporting (PDF)
- Unanalyzed Samples (PDF)
Sample Validation & Submission Process Guides
- Sample Validation & Submission Process - Excel Template (PDF)
- Sample Validation & Submission Process - Web Entry Form (PDF)
Facility ID/Sampling Point ID
EPA developed training materials along with video tutorials (see below) are provided to assist laboratories learning how to navigate the application. These training materials only highlight federally reported information. For a successful data submittal, refer to the DEC Lab Data Submission Guides for additional guidance on state reporting requirements.
Feel free to watch and/or review the CMDP Introduction material for an overview of the program. Please be aware some of the information presented in the introduction does not apply to laboratory personnel and instead it applies to the State.
Next, review the appropriate reporting methods section (i.e., web entry or Excel template) for guidance on how to upload data into CMDP.
- (EPA) Enter Microbial, Chem and Rad Samples (PDF)
- (EPA) Enter Microbial, Chem and Rad Samples - Video
- (EPA) Enter Composite Samples (DOCX)
- (EPA) Enter Composite Samples - Video (YouTube)
After entering the appropriate sample information, submit uploaded data to the State. Refer to the EPA developed training material for a general overview of how to submit data through CMDP.
As with every program, additional features exist making it easier for laboratory personnel to find information and submit changes to the State. Review the materials below for supplemental information about CMDP.
- Contact the CMDP System Administration
- CMDP Help Center
- System Requirements and Qualifications for Laboratories
- Compliance Monitoring Data Portal User Manual (PDF)
- CMDP Web Services Sampling XML Schema Definitions (PDF)
- CMDP-LIMS Interface Control Document (PDF)
- CMDP Role Registration User Guide (PDF)