Fee Evaluation & Rule Making
DEC is required to evaluate fee rates every four years and provide the results of the study in a report. The most recent is the 2014 Fee Rate Evaluation. The amendments are based on the results of the study on permit administration fees, compliance fees and emission fee rates conducted. New definitions were added and cross-references to other regulations were corrected.
2014 Fee Rate Evaluation
Note: Public Comment Period ended on June 30, 2015. The following documents provide a history of the Air Permits Fee Regulations:
- Effective 09/26/2015 Air Quality Fee Regulations (PDF)
- Public Notice, May 21, 2015 (PDF)
- Public Notice Cancelling Public Hearing on June 24, 2015 (posted June 19, 2015 PDF)
- Proposed Regulations, 18 AAC 50, Permit Administration and Emission Fees (PDF)
- 2014 Fee Study Report, May 2015 (PDF)
- Fee Study Report Appendix
- Explanation of Changes (PDF)
- Questions and Answers Web Page
- Adopted Regulations, August 7, 2015 (PDF) Please note these are still subject to revision based on Department of Law review.
- Revised Fee Spreadsheet for Appendix, Revised July 2015 (PDF)
- Response to Comments, August 7, 2015 (PDF)
- Notice of Adoption of Regulations dealing with Air Quality Permitting and Emission Fees, August 31, 2015
Past Fee Rule Making and Fee Evaluation History
Indicates an external site.