DEC Curtailment and Alerts in the Fairbanks North Star Borough Nonattainment Area
Current Air Quality Status:
- * Refresh Browser (F5) to see Current Air Quality Status, above
- FNSB-issued stage 1 waivers and NOASH waivers – issued on or before October 25, 2018 will be honored by DEC. All FNSB-issued waivers will expire on April 1, 2019.
- DEC will only issue NOASH type waivers – Waiver Application (PDF)
- Note: DEC can only issue temporary waivers under state regulation
DEC-issued curtailments must identify the area or zone of the curtailment and any exemptions. DEC may either call the Alert or Curtailment for the entire nonattainment area, or for specific zones: North Pole Zone, Fairbanks Zone, or both. Exemptions from a curtailment included in an announcement might include areas experiencing power outages and residents who have temporary waivers. Exceptions to individual episodes may also include exceptions based on the class or type of device or based on a device’s particulate emission rates.
- Alerts and their details will be posted on the Air Quality Alerts Map
- Sign up to Receive Email Notification
- Forecasted curtailments will be issued by 2:00 pm
- Curtailment Details