Eskimo's Inc. Unleaded Gasoline Tank Release
- Eskimo's Inc. Block B Fuel Storage Facility, Tank A.
- Discovered at 20:10 PM July 14, 2017
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- It is estimated that 6,000 gallons of unleaded gasoline was released into Tank A’s secondary containment area. On July 20, 2017, Eskimo’s Inc., calculated a new volume estimation from tank tables of Tank A and F and recovered fuel. The final total volume estimation is 8,933 gallons unleaded gasoline.
- The pressure relief valve malfunctioned, damaging the flex pipe which caused the ¾-inch pipe to separate from the tank allowing unleaded gasoline in the tank to flow from the tank into the secondary containment area.
ADEC Situation Reports
- Laurie Silfven, Environmental Program Specialist, ADEC
Indicates an external site.