Point Lay Tank Farm Diesel Release
- Point Lay, Bulk Tank Farm
- Exact date and time of spill is unknown. Discovered on April 24, 2019 at 11:00 am.
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- NSB Fuels Division was requested by the department to separate out sales receipts from their electron fuel inventory records to determine the volume discharged. Fuel volume discharged was estimated at 3,600 gallons. Fuel was discharged to secondary containment.
- Point Lay, an Alaskan North Slope Chukchi Sea coastal community, received excessive wind driven snow that covered the facility oil pipelines in the bulk tank farm. Drift snow deflected the two inch diesel supply line from PIZ-30 at a ball valve thread connection, shearing the pipeline. Snow load also caused a shear zone on a one inch steel pressure relief valve bypass line.
ADEC Situation Reports
- Laurie Silfven, North Slope & Northwest Arctic Unit Supervisor
Images may be downloaded for free and used in publications provided credit is given to the source.
Indicates an external site.