List of Approved Soil Treatment Facilities
Approved soil remediation facilities must comply with the requirements for storage, remediation, and disposal of contaminated soils under Alaska regulations for Underground Storage Tanks (18 AAC 78.273) and Oil and Other Hazardous Substances (18 AAC 75.365).
The following companies have an approved Operations Plan to treat petroleum contaminated soil. DEC project manager approval is required prior to transferring contaminated soil to these facilities for treatment.
For information on how to become an approved soil treatment facility, please contact Josh Barsis at 907-269-7691
- Alaska Soil Recycling, Inc. (ASR)
- 1040 O'Malley Rd
- Anchorage, AK 99515
- Kris Shippen
- YK Solutions, Inc.
- PO Box 2807
- Bethel, AK 99559
- Tom McCallson
Deadhorse (Mobile Facility)
- ASRC Energy Services, LLC
- Mailing: 3900 C Street, Suite 701, Anchorage, AK 99503
- Physical: 1000 East Lake Colleen Road, Deadhorse, AK 99734
- Liam Zsolt
- Bicknell, Inc.
- Mailing: P.O. Box 33517, Juneau, AK 99803
- Physical: 2275 Brandy Lane, Juneau, AK 99801
- Spike Bicknell
- Organic Incineration Technology, Inc. (OIT)*
- PO Box 55878
- North Pole, AK 99705
- Fax: 907-488-4823
- Mark Sanford
*Note: in addition to petroleum contaminated soil, OIT is approved to accept and treat soils contaminated with per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). For a description provided by OIT of the treatment system and a summary of testing that occurred prior to facility approval, please visit: PFAS Air Quality