HEF Waste Dumping at Rolling Stone Gravel Pits
- 6665 Richardson Highway, Salcha, Alaska and Rolling Stone Ct, Salcha, Alaska
- April 23, 2020
- Spill Id
- Product/ Quantity
- Approximately 33,000 gallons of High Expansion Foam (HEF) waste was improperly discharged on the ground at two properties owned by Rolling Stone, Inc. An additional 12,000 gallons of HEF waste are stored in containers at the properties.
- Improper waste disposal involved contracts managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) in support of F-35 facility mission requirements for the 354th Fighter Wing (354th FW) at Eielson Air Force Base. The incident remains under investigation.
ADEC Situation Reports
- Sarah Moore
- Prevention & Response Manager
- Sarah Yoder
- Department of Health and Social Services
For additional information about private well sampling within a quarter mile of the Salcha properties contact: John Budnik, USACE Public Affairs, 907-753-2615