Wood-Fired Heating Device Registration
One of the requirements of the Serious Air Quality Plan (SIP) is that wood-fired heating devices shall be registered. This requirement is only for the Fairbanks North Star Borough nonattainment area. 18 AAC 50.077 (h) identifies the specific times when a registration is required.
Effective date: January 8, 2020
Registration is required of owners, vendors, or dealers when the following circumstances occur:
- Upon the sale or conveyance of a device;
- Before closing, if the device is being sold, leased, or conveyed as part of an existing building or other property;
- When applying for a waiver;
- To participate in the Burn Right Program;
- To participate in a woodstove change-out or conversion program; and
- Before closeout of any compliance or enforcement action.
Registration, other than the above, is not required.
For your convenience there are two ways to submit a device registration:
Information Required for Registration:
- Device Location (physical address)
- Year of installation
- Serial Number
- Year Manufactured
- Emission Rating of Device in grams per hour (GPH) or one million British Thermal Units (MMBTU)
This information may be found on the device label. Example of device labels: Device label examples (PDF)