The Solid Waste Program regulates health and environmental compliance at solid waste facilities through a combination of design review, permits and authorizations, inspections, monitoring, and compliance assistance. Program staff are dedicated to improving compliance and permitting at all solid waste facilities in Alaska.
- How Do I Dispose of...
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle in Alaska
- What is Food Waste?
- Contact Us
- Septic Systems (Wastewater Program)
- Waste Erosion Assessment and Review Project (WEAR)
- Disposal of Construction Waste in Rural Alaska by Contractors (PDF)
- Find Your Rural Landfill Specialist
- Waste in Rural Communities
- Burning Waste in Class III Landfills
- IGAP Resources and Training (ANTHC)
- What Can You Do With Your IGAP Money? (PDF)
- March 10-12, 2020 RALO, Anchorage
- April 7-9, 2020 RALO, Anchorage
- May 12-14, 2020 RALO, Anchorage
- February 14, 2020 Sustainable Solid Waste, Backhaul, Composting, Net Recycling, Community Waste Education, and Prescription Drug Disposal, Anchorage
- April 27-May 1, 2020 Backhaul, OSHA 10 hr Safety, Freon Removal, Anchorage
- July 14-16, 2020 Backhaul HHW and Prescription Drug Disposal, Bethel
- September 15-18, 2020 Combined: ISWMP Refresher, Community Waste Education, and Business of Trash, Anchorage