The Solid Waste Program regulates health and environmental compliance at solid waste facilities through a combination of design review, permits and authorizations, inspections, monitoring, and compliance assistance. Program staff are dedicated to improving compliance and permitting at all solid waste facilities in Alaska.
- Landfill Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring during COVID-19
- Rural Alaska Waste Disposal Worker Guidance
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Community Waste Education - Dec. 2020
- Business of Trash - Dec. 8-9, 2020
- Integrated Solid Waste Management Plan Refresher - Jan. 7-8, 2021