The Solid Waste Program regulates health and environmental compliance at solid waste facilities through a combination of design review, permits and authorizations, inspections, monitoring, and compliance assistance. Program staff are dedicated to improving compliance and permitting at all solid waste facilities in Alaska.
- Landfill Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring during COVID-19
- Rural Alaska Waste Disposal Worker Guidance
- Minimize Spring Flooding Impacts
- Preparing for Construction Season (PDF)
- Funding Resource Guide (DOC)