The Solid Waste Program regulates health and environmental compliance at solid waste facilities through a combination of design review, permits and authorizations, inspections, monitoring, and compliance assistance. Program staff are dedicated to improving compliance and permitting at all solid waste facilities in Alaska.
- Landfill Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring during COVID-19
- Restriction on Burning Waste in Rural Landfills - effective May 1st
- Rural Alaska Waste Disposal Worker Guidance
- Awareness, Prevention, and Decontamination Training Courses (AK Forum)
Flooding and Landfills
- Flood Potential Above Normal 2020: Minimize the Impacts of Flooding at Your Landfill
- Alaska-Pacific River Forecast Center (NOAA)