The Solid Waste Program regulates health and environmental compliance at solid waste facilities through a combination of design review, permits and authorizations, inspections, monitoring, and compliance assistance. Program staff are dedicated to improving compliance and permitting at all solid waste facilities in Alaska.
- How Do I Dispose of...
- Contact Us
- Septic Systems (Wastewater Program)
- Waste Erosion Assessment and Review Project (WEAR)
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Disposal of Construction Waste in Rural Alaska by Contractors (PDF)
- Find Your Rural Landfill Specialist
- Burning Waste in Class III Landfills
- What Can You Do With Your IGAP Money? (PDF)
- Funding Resource Guide (DOC)
- April 27 - May 1, 2020 Backhaul, OSHA 10 hr Safety, Freon Removal, Anchorage
- July 14 - 16, 2020 Backhaul HHW and Prescription Drug Disposal, Bethel
- July 28 - 29, 2020 Sustainable Solid Waste, Composting, and Prescription Drug Disposal, Anchorage
- September 15 - 18, 2020 Combined: ISWMP Refresher, Community Waste Education, and Business of Trash, Anchorage