The Solid Waste Program regulates health and environmental compliance at solid waste facilities through a combination of design review, permits and authorizations, inspections, monitoring, and compliance assistance. Program staff are dedicated to improving compliance and permitting at all solid waste facilities in Alaska.
- Landfill Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring during COVID-19
- Rural Alaska Waste Disposal Worker Guidance
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Integrated Solid Waste Management Plan Refresher - January 7-8, 2021 (Zender)
- Alaska Forum on the Environment Conference (Alaska Forum)
- Backhaul Training - February 23-26, 2021 (Zender)